Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
Core Tasks Include:
- Complete sales order tickets and submit for processing of client-requested transactions.
- Interview clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Review all securities transactions to ensure accuracy of information and conformance to governing agency regulations.
- Offer advice on the purchase or sale of particular securities.
- Identify potential clients, using advertising campaigns, mailing lists, or personal contacts.
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications, or other material to identify potential investments for clients or to keep abreast of trends affecting market conditions.
- Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, or explain available services.
- Prepare documents needed to implement plans selected by clients.
- Analyze market conditions to determine optimum times to execute securities transactions.
- Explain stock market terms or trading practices to clients.
- Inform and advise concerned parties regarding fluctuations or securities transactions affecting plans or accounts.
- Calculate costs for billings or commissions.
- Supply the latest price quotes on any security, as well as information on the activities or financial positions of the corporations issuing these securities.
- Prepare financial reports to monitor client or corporate finances.
- Keep accurate records of transactions.
- Discuss financial options with clients and keep them informed about transactions.
- Develop financial plans, based on analysis of clients' financial status.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Relay buy or sell orders to securities exchanges or to firm trading departments.
- Read corporate reports and calculate ratios to determine best prospects for profit on stock purchases.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.