Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Prepare sales presentations or proposals to explain product specifications or applications.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, or other paperwork.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 8.1%
National: + 6.9%
Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)