Core Tasks Include:
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Post stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting customer accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
- Route statements for mailing or over-the-counter delivery to customers.
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Fix minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notify repair personnel of major equipment problems.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
- Take orders for imprinted checks.
- Compare previously prepared bank statements with canceled checks and reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintain files of canceled checks and customers' signatures.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
- Weigh envelopes containing statements to determine correct postage and affix postage, using stamps or metering equipment.
- Load machines with statements, cancelled checks, or envelopes to prepare statements for distribution to customers or stuff envelopes by hand.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.