Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Answer applicants' questions about benefits and claim procedures.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Initiate procedures to grant, modify, deny, or terminate assistance, or refer applicants to other agencies for assistance.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Interview and investigate applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications.
- Check with employers or other references to verify answers and obtain further information.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 1.6%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)