Library Assistants, Clerical
- Process new materials including books, audio-visual materials, and computer software.
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, card catalogs, and automated information systems.
- Answer routine inquiries and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned and file catalog cards according to system used.
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, and audio-visual and other materials.
- Take action to deal with disruptive or problem patrons.
- Open and close library during specified hours and secure library equipment, such as computers and audio-visual (AV) equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)