Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Schedule or dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules.
- Relay work orders, messages, or information to or from work crews, supervisors, or field inspectors, using telephones or two-way radios.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Receive or prepare work orders.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Record and maintain files or records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, or other dispatch information.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 6.4%
National: + 4.4%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)