Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials and answer routine letters.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Manage projects or contribute to committee or team work.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
- Order and dispense supplies.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.5%
National: + 2.6%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)