- Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
- Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
- Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
- Read job set-up instructions to determine equipment to be used, order of use, material such as disks and paper to be loaded, and control settings.
- Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
- Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
- Load peripheral equipment with selected materials for operating runs, or oversee loading of peripheral equipment by peripheral equipment operators.
- Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)