Data Entry Keyers
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Store completed documents in appropriate locations.
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Select materials needed to complete work assignments.
- Load machines with required input or output media such as paper, cards, disks, tape or Braille media.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 0.2%
National: - 3.6%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)