- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- View monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications as necessary.
- Enter text into computer keyboard and select the size and style of type, column width, and appropriate spacing for printed materials.
- Store copies of publications on paper, magnetic tape, film or diskette.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Enter digitized data into electronic prepress system computer memory, using scanner, camera, keyboard, or mouse.
- Edit graphics and photos, using pixel or bitmap editing, airbrushing, masking, or image retouching.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)