Insurance Claims Clerks
- Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
- Provide customer service, such as limited instructions on proceeding with claims or referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
- Contact insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Enter claims information into database systems.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.2%
National: + 6.2%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)