First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 9.7%
National: + 10.0%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)