Tile and Marble Setters
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares, and straightedges.
- Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern.
- Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools.
- Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile, and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
- Prepare surfaces for tiling by attaching lath or waterproof paper, or by applying a cement mortar coat to a metal screen.
- Cut, surface, polish, and install marble and granite or install pre-cast terrazzo, granite or marble units.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 5.7%
National: + 6.5%
Less than a High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)