Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Apply coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
- Mix mortar and plaster to desired consistency or direct workers who perform mixing.
- Create decorative textures in finish coat, using brushes or trowels, sand, pebbles, or stones.
- Apply insulation to building exteriors by installing prefabricated insulation systems over existing walls or by covering the outer wall with insulation board, reinforcing mesh, and a base coat.
- Clean and prepare surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
- Rough the undercoat surface with a scratcher so the finish coat will adhere.
- Apply weatherproof, decorative coverings to exterior surfaces of buildings, such as by troweling or spraying on coats of stucco.
- Cover surfaces such as windows, doors, or sidewalks to protect from splashing.
- Clean job sites.
- Set up scaffolds.
- Determine materials needed to complete the job and place orders accordingly.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 6.7%
National: + 7.0%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)