Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Locate and supply materials to masons for installation, following drawings or numbered sequences.
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels.
- Correct surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked, or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, or grouting materials.
- Modify material moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing, or cleaning procedures, according to installation or material requirements.
- Provide assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, or rebuilding of tile, brick, or stone surfaces.
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)