- Position and hold timbers, lumber, or paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
- Erect scaffolding, shoring, or braces.
- Select tools, equipment, or materials from storage and transport items to work site.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails and install hardware.
- Clean work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Align, straighten, plumb, or square forms for installation.
- Smooth or sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
- Construct forms and assist in raising them to the required elevation.
- Install handrails under the direction of a carpenter.
- Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts.
- Cut and install insulating or sound-absorbing material.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 7.0%
National: + 7.6%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)