- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Drill holes and pull or push wiring through openings, using hand and power tools.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
- Transport tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site by hand, handtruck, or heavy, motorized truck.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)