Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and dumbwaiters, using hand and power tools, and testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters.
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications, such as stopping at floors for set amounts of time.
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems, using test equipment.
- Check that safety regulations and building codes are met, and complete service reports verifying conformance to standards.
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Adjust safety controls, counterweights, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals, and brake linings.
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine the layout of system components, frameworks, and foundations, and to select installation equipment.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)