- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Sweep sand from the surface prior to opening to traffic.
- Set pavers, aligning and spacing them correctly.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
- Design paver installation layout pattern and create markings for directional references of joints and stringlines.
- Resurface an outside area with cobblestones, terracotta tiles, concrete or other materials.
- Discuss the design with the client.
- Cut paving stones to size and for edges, using a splitter and a masonry saw.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 7.7%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)