Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Unscrew or tighten pipes, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs.
- Bolt together pump and engine parts.
- Move pipes to and from trucks, using truck winches and motorized lifts, or by hand.
- Keep pipe deck and main deck areas clean and tidy.
- Walk flow lines to locate leaks, using electronic detectors and by making visual inspections, and repair the leaks.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 8.2%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)