Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Travel to customers' stores or offices to service machines or to provide emergency repair service.
- Reinstall software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Advise customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Assemble machines according to specifications, using hand or power tools and measuring devices.
- Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms.
- Maintain records of equipment maintenance work or repairs.
- Install and configure new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- Maintain parts inventories and order any additional parts needed for repairs.
- Update existing equipment, performing tasks such as installing updated circuit boards or additional memory.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.2%
National: + 2.4%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)