Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary.
- Inspect completed work to ensure all hardware is tight, antennas are level, hangers are properly fastened, proper support is in place, or adequate weather proofing has been installed.
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs).
- Read work orders, blueprints, plans, datasheets or site drawings to determine work to be done.
- Replace existing antennas with new antennas as directed.
- Run appropriate power, ground, or coaxial cables.
- Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software.
- Complete reports related to project status, progress, or other work details, using computer software.
- Take site survey photos or photos of work performed, using digital cameras.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 3.8%
National: + 5.9%
High School Diploma
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)