- Install and adjust speed and gear mechanisms.
- Assemble new bicycles.
- Install, repair, and replace equipment or accessories, such as handlebars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Align wheels.
- Disassemble axles to repair, adjust, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Shape replacement parts, using bench grinders.
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Help customers select bicycles that fit their body sizes and intended bicycle uses.
- Sell bicycles and accessories.
- Install new tires and tubes.
- Clean and lubricate bicycle parts.
- Order bicycle parts.
- Build wheels by cutting and threading new spokes.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Less than a High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)