Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Study blueprints or manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation or operation of machinery.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)