Fabric Menders, Except Garment
- Measure and hem curtains, garments, and canvas coverings to size, using tape measures.
- Operate sewing machines to restitch defective seams, sew up holes, or replace components of fabric articles.
- Spread out articles or materials and examine them for holes, tears, worn areas, and other defects.
- Stamp grommets into canvas, using mallets and punches or eyelet machines.
- Trim edges of cut or torn fabric, using scissors or knives, and stitch trimmed edges together.
- Patch holes, sew tears and ripped seams, or darn defects in items, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: No Data
High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)