Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Seal open sides of modular units to prepare them for shipment, using polyethylene sheets, nails, and hammers.
- Move and set up mobile homes or prefabricated buildings on owners' lots or at mobile home parks.
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Connect water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems, and test operation of plumbing fixtures.
- Remove damaged exterior panels, repair and replace structural frame members, and seal leaks, using hand tools.
- List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams.
- Confer with customers or read work orders to determine the nature and extent of damage to units.
- Install, repair, and replace units, fixtures, appliances, and other items and systems in mobile and modular homes, prefabricated buildings, or travel trailers, using hand tools or power tools.
- Reset hardware, using chisels, mallets, and screwdrivers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Less than a High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)