Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Use knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws, or other equipment to perform meat cutting and trimming.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Separate meats and byproducts into specified containers and seal containers.
- Weigh meats and tag containers for weight and contents.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 2.8%
National: - 0.1%
Less than a High School Diploma
One: Little or No Preparation Needed
Moderately Low ($17,000 - $27,999)