Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe, feel, taste, or otherwise examine products during and after processing to ensure conformance to standards.
- Observe temperature, humidity, pressure gauges, and product samples and adjust controls, such as thermostats and valves, to maintain prescribed operating conditions for specific stages.
- Operate or tend equipment that roasts, bakes, dries, or cures food items such as cocoa and coffee beans, grains, nuts, and bakery products.
- Set temperature and time controls, light ovens, burners, driers, or roasters, and start equipment, such as conveyors, cylinders, blowers, driers, or pumps.
- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
- Record production data, such as weight and amount of product processed, type of product, and time and temperature of processing.
- Weigh or measure products, using scale hoppers or scale conveyors.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 4.5%
National: + 1.1%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)