Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results.
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity, acidity, or specific gravity.
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Read work orders, recipes, or formulas to determine cooking times and temperatures, and ingredient specifications.
- Clean, wash, and sterilize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sterilizing solutions, or rinses.
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 1.3%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)