Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Give directions to other workers regarding machine set-up and use.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts to be bonded, calculating production measurements as necessary.
- Conduct trial runs before welding, soldering, or brazing and make necessary adjustments to equipment.
- Remove completed workpieces or parts from machinery, using hand tools.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)