Biofuels Processing Technicians
Core Tasks Include:
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
- Operate chemical processing equipment for the production of biofuels.
- Operate equipment, such as a centrifuge, to extract biofuels products and secondary by-products or reusable fractions.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Process refined feedstock with additives in fermentation or reaction process vessels.
- Assess the quality of biofuels additives for reprocessing.
- Calibrate liquid flow devices and meters, including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
- Collect biofuels samples and perform routine laboratory tests or analyses to assess biofuels quality.
- Inspect biofuels plant or processing equipment regularly, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Measure and monitor raw biofuels feedstock.
- Monitor and record biofuels processing data.
- Monitor and record flow meter performance.
- Monitor batch, continuous flow, or hybrid biofuels production processes.
- Monitor stored biofuels products or secondary by-products until reused or transferred to users.
- Preprocess feedstock in preparation for physical, chemical, or biological fuel production processes.
- Clean biofuels processing work area, ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Perform routine maintenance on mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment or instruments used in the processing of biofuels.
- Rebuild, repair, or replace biofuels processing equipment components.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Coordinate raw product sourcing or collection.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.