Biomass Plant Technicians
Core Tasks Include:
- Measure and monitor raw biomass feedstock, including wood, waste, or refuse materials.
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Perform routine maintenance or make minor repairs to mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment in biomass plants.
- Inspect biomass power plant or processing equipment, recording or reporting damage and mechanical problems.
- Operate biomass fuel-burning boiler or biomass fuel gasification system equipment in accordance with specifications or instructions.
- Operate equipment to start, stop, or regulate biomass-fueled generators, generator units, boilers, engines, or auxiliary systems.
- Record or report operational data, such as readings on meters, instruments, and gauges.
- Clean work areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Read and interpret instruction manuals or technical drawings related to biomass-fueled power or biofuels production equipment or processes.
Supplemental Tasks Include:
- Assess quality of biomass feedstock.
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix biomass feedstock for power generation.
- Calibrate liquid flow devices or meters, including fuel, chemical, and water meters.
- Operate equipment to heat biomass, using knowledge of controls, combustion, and firing mechanisms.
- Operate high-pressure steam boiler or water chiller equipment for electrical cogeneration operations.
- Preprocess feedstock to prepare for biochemical or thermochemical production processes.
- Manage parts and supply inventories for biomass plants.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™.