Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
- Monitor material flow or instruments such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, or meters to ensure optimal processing conditions.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory analysis.
- Clean or sterilize tanks, screens, inflow pipes, production areas, or equipment, using hoses, brushes, scrapers, or chemical solutions.
- Inspect machines or equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear, or leaks.
- Dump, pour, or load specified amounts of refined or unrefined materials into equipment or containers for further processing or storage.
- Communicate processing instructions to other workers.
- Remove clogs, defects, or impurities from machines, tanks, conveyors, screens, or other processing equipment.
- Turn valves to pump sterilizing solutions or rinse water through pipes or equipment or to spray vats with atomizers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 1.3%
National: - 1.1%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)