Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Monitor equipment operation, gauges, and panel lights to detect deviations from standards.
- Read and interpret work orders and instructions to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.
- Record gauge readings, test results, and shift production in log books.
- Confer with supervisors or other equipment operators to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve production problems.
- Examine or test samples of processed substances, or collect samples for laboratory testing, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Transport materials and products to and from work areas, manually or using carts, handtrucks, or hoists.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: - 9.0%
National: - 9.6%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Moderately High ($36,000 - $49,999)