Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Operate or tend machines to wash and remove impurities from items such as barrels or kegs, glass products, tin plate surfaces, dried fruit, pulp, animal stock, coal, manufactured articles, plastic, or rubber.
- Add specified amounts of chemicals to equipment at required times to maintain solution levels and concentrations.
- Drain, clean, and refill machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
- Measure, weigh, or mix cleaning solutions, using measuring tanks, calibrated rods or suction tubes.
- Observe machine operations, gauges, or thermometers, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions.
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
- Examine and inspect machines to detect malfunctions.
- Record gauge readings, materials used, processing times, or test results in production logs.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 0.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)