First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations or production goals.
- Confer with customers, supervisors, contractors, or other personnel to exchange information or to resolve problems.
- Direct workers in transportation or related services, such as pumping, moving, storing, or loading or unloading of materials or people.
- Resolve worker problems or collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution.
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve worker motivation, equipment performance, work methods, or customer services.
- Maintain or verify records of time, materials, expenditures, or crew activities.
- Interpret transportation or tariff regulations, shipping orders, safety regulations, or company policies and procedures for workers.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.9%
National: + 3.0%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)