Airfield Operations Specialists
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Plan and coordinate airfield construction.
- Coordinate with agencies such as air traffic control, civil engineers, and command posts to ensure support of airfield management activities.
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refueling, loading, and departure of all aircraft.
- Train operations staff.
- Coordinate communications between air traffic control and maintenance personnel.
- Perform and supervise airfield management activities, including mobile airfield management functions.
- Assist in responding to aircraft and medical emergencies.
- Manage wildlife on and around airport grounds.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 4.2%
Three: Medium Preparation Needed
Highest ($50,000 and up)