Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Pick up and drop off students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Drive gasoline, diesel, or electrically powered multi-passenger vehicles to transport students between neighborhoods, schools, and school activities.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, fuel consumption, or fares received.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Keep bus interiors clean for passengers.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
National: + 5.5%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)