Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts and money received from deliveries.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection.
Projections Quick View:
Virginia: + 4.0%
National: + 3.1%
High School Diploma
Two: Some Preparation Needed
Mid Range ($28,000 - $35,999)