Accountants help businesses, the government, and individuals prepare records of how their money is spent. Accountants create reports for people to read to make choices about money for the company, business, or themselves.
• Accountants prepare financial records showing how much money is earned and paid in taxes.
• Accountants work with numbers.
• Accountants prepare budgets.
• Some accountants make sure money is not being stolen from a company, business, or the government.
Where and When:
• Most accountants and auditors work a 40-hour week.
• Many work longer hours if they are self-employed and have many clients.
• Tax specialists often work long hours during the tax season.
What or Who They Work With:
• Private individuals
• Use computers
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Pass a special test called a Certified Public Accountant test
- Budget Officer
- Loan Officer
- Bank Officer
- Purchasing Agent
Related School Subjects:
COUNTING MONEY by Tanya Thayerr
THE BERENSTAIN BEARS TROUBLE WITH MONEY by Stan & Jan Berenstain