Pharmacists prepare medicine to make people feel better. They follow the directions that a doctor or dentist has given them.
• Prepare medicine according to the directions from the doctor or dentist.
• Teach people about the medicines they will be taking.
• Keep very good records and make sure that the medicines stay safe.
Where and When:
• Most work in drug stores and hospitals.
• Their workspace is very clean and full of light.
• They work normal hours, but sometimes they work late at night.
What or Who They Work With:
• Mortar and pestle
• Pill counter
• Pill containers
• Filling machines
• Pharmacists must be able to communicate well with many different people.
Education and Training:
• Master's Degree
• Pharmacists much pass a special test.
• Math and Science classes are especially important.
- Medical scientists
- Pharmacy aides
- Pharmacy technicians
Related School Subjects:
THE APOTHECARY by Christine Petersen
HOW DO DINOSAURS GET WELL SOON? by Jane Yolen
LITTLE WHISTLE'S MEDICINE by Cynthia Rylant