Real Estate Sales Agents work for others to sell or rent property like homes, land, businesses, and condominiums. They let others know the property is for sale or rent through a newspaper, computer, or sign. They show buyers or renters the property and write up information needed.
• Shows others houses or land for sale.
• Shows people places to rent.
• Puts information about the property on the computer, in the newspaper, or on a sign.
• Meets with people to learn about the kind of house or land they want to find.
• Calls people and sets up appointments to see homes or land.
• Makes contracts to help people buy or rent land or property.
Where and When:
• Most work in offices with larger companies.
• This job requires driving to meet with people and show them land or homes for sale.
• Many may work in an office, but also out of their own home.
• Many work during the day, but also on the weekends and evenings to show people property.
What or Who They Work With:
People in this job use:
• Mobile Phones
• Measuring tapes and wheels
• Printers They also may work with:
• People who want to sell homes or land.
• People who want to buy homes or land.
• People who want to rent a place to live or work.
• Other real estate agents
• Building inspectors
• Loan officers who help people get money to buy property.
Education and Training:
• Most need some college classes. All need to have a high school diploma.
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Sales Agent
- Property Manager
- Appraiser of Real Estate
- Financial Services Sales Agent
Related School Subjects:
• Social Studies
- The Berenstain Bear' New Neighbors by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain
- The Moving Book: A Kids' Survival Guide by Gabriel Davis and Sue Dennen
- We're Moving (First time Stories) by Heather Maisner and Kristina Stephenson
- Franklin's Surprise by Inc. Kids Can Press
- Moving House (Usbourne First Experiences) by Anne Civardi, Michelle Bates, and Stephen Cartwright
- How a House is Built by Gail Gibbons