Robotics technicians build robots and robotic systems. They fix and test machines and tools that use robotic parts. They also teach robots to do jobs using computers and controllers.
• Build robots
• Install new robots and systems
• Fix and test robots
• Fit and make parts for robots
• Take apart robots
• Test robots to make sure they work
Where and When:
• Many work in manufacturing plants that make cars or big machines.
• Others may work for technology and computer companies.
• They may work different hours depending on the company.
What or Who They Work With:
• Laser Scanners
• Typing Computer Programs
• Computer Drawing Software
Education and Training:
Most must graduate high school and have 2 years of training and classes. Many community colleges offer a program in robotics. This is called an associate's degree.
Electro Mechanical Technican
Related School Subjects:
- Robots for Kids: Exploring New Technologies for Learning by Allison Druin
- The Robot Alphabet by Amanda Baehr Fuller
- The Kids Guide to Robots by Barbara J. Davis
- Robots Don't Catch Chicken Pox (The Bailey School Kids #42) by Debie Dadey
- Robot (DK Eyewitness Books) by Roger Francis Bridgman
- Robot Zot! by Jon Scieszka
- The Robot and the Bluebird by David Lucas
- Robots ! Draw your own Androids, Cyborgs, and Fighting Bots by Jay Stephens
- Robots (Science Kids) by Clive Gifford
- Ricky Ricotta's Giant Robot vs. the Mutant Mosquitoes from Mercury by Dav Pilkey
- Night of the Robot Babysitter by Daniel Errico
- Me and My Robot #2 : The Show and Tell Show Off: by Tracey West and Cindy Revell
- Cool Robots by Sean Keney