A Sound Engineering Technician uses machines to record or mix music, voices, or other sounds.
• Matches recorded sounds with movie or t.v. show action.
• Keeps track of recordings.
• Record voices, music, or other sounds.
• Fix broken machines.
• Set up microphones.
Where and When:
• Record studios
• Movie companies or t.v. shows
• Works inside in studies almost all the time
What or Who They Work With:
• Stereo equipment
• Video machines
Education and Training:
• High school diplomas or GED
• Some vocational classes helpful
- Film and video editor
- Motion picture projectionist
Related School Subjects:
• Listening skills are important
• Music or Art
SOUND ENGINEER (Cool Careers in Science) by Patricia Freeland