Survey Researchers gather information about what people think
• Make surveys
• Use charts and graphs to show data
• Ask people questions by phone, computer, or in person
• Interview people
• Read and research for information
• Work with people to decide what info they want to research
Where and When:
• Most work in offices and travel to different places for research.
• Many work with companies, the government, or people who want to be in politics.
• Most work Mon.- Fri. during the day.
• Some work on the weekends and during the evening.
What or Who They Work With:
• Business People
• Government Workers
• People in politics
Education and Training:
• Most have a Bachelor's degree (4 years of college).
• Few have some college.
• Some have a Master's degree (6 years of college).
• Most have classes in statistics, math, business,economics, and marketing.
- Market Research Analyst
Related School Subjects:
• Social Studies
- The Kid's Guide to Research by Deborah Heiligman and David Cain
- 99Jumpstarts for Kids: Getting Started in Research by Peggy Whitley and Susan Williams Goodwin
- 99 Jumpstarts for Kids' Science Research by Peggy Whitley and Susan W. Goodwin
- The Mystery of the Stolen Bike #8 Arthur Chapter Books by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Mystery Babysitter by Marc Brown
- A to Z mysteries the Empty Envelope by Ron Roy and John Steven Gurney