Architectural Drafters take designs from architects prepare drawings and plans needed for construction.
• Use computers or drafting station to make working drawings, charts, forms and records.
• Check the design with requirements.
• Write down instructions about architects' choice of materials and their special design.
Where and When:
They usually work indoors and full time. They often work overtime.
What or Who They Work With:
• Measuring tools
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree.
• Classes in engineering, architecture, and math are useful.
Related School Subjects:
• Drafting classes in high school
JULIA MORGAN BUILT A CASTLE By Miles Hyman Reading Guide
THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE: THE STORY OF THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS BRIDGE AND THE REMARKABLE FAMILY THAT BUILT IT by Elizabeth Mann
BRIDGES: AMAZING STRUCTURES TO DESIGN, BUILD, AND TEST by Carol A. Johnmann
MATHEMATICIANS ARE PEOPLE TOO: STORIES FROM THE LIVES OF GREAT MATHEMATICIANS by Luetta Reimer