Archivists work with old, valuable documents and records. They may also do research.
• Organize old records and create a reference system.
• Help people look for the records they need.
• Preserve records.
• Copy records to film, videotape, audiotape, disk.
• Make policy to tell people how to use the records and inspect if people do the right thing with the records.
• Do or help with tours, workshops, lectures, and classes.
• Do research on the records.
Where and When:
Many work in colleges, universities and professional schools. Some work for government or museums.
What or Who They Work With:
• Digital cameras
Education and Training:
• Graduate degree in history, library science, archival science, or records management.
• Related work experience
Related School Subjects:
IF I RAN THE ZOO by Dr. Seuss
CHECK IT OUT! THE BOOK ABOUT LIBRARIES by Gail Gibbons
GOLDISOCKS AND THE THREE LIBRARIANS by Jackie Mims Hopkins
LIBRARY LIL by Suzanne Williams
DR. BRAD HAS GONE MAD! (MY WEIRD SCHOOL DAZE #7) by Dan Gutman
VAMPIRES DON'T WEAR POLKA DOTS (THE ADVENTURES OF THE BAILEY SCHOOL KIDS) by Debbie Dadey and Marcia T. Jones