Cut, trim or prepare meat for use or sale in grocery stores or supermarkets.
• Cut trim, bone, tie, and grind meats.
• Wrap, weight, label and price cuts of meat.
• Prepare and place meats in display counter.
• Check meat quality
Where and When:
• They work indoors and spend long time standing.
What or Who They Work With:
• Other workers
• Meats (beef, pork, fish, chicken and so on)
• Knives and other cutting tools
• Gloves and masks
Education and Training:
• High school diploma
• Some vocational raining may be needed.
• New workers may work with experienced ones for a few months to one year.
Fast Food Cooks
Hand Packers and Packagers
Related School Subjects:
GERMS! GERMS! GERMS! by Bobbi Katz
HARVEY THE GARDENER by Lars Klinting
DIRT: JUMP INTO SCIENCE by Steve Tomecek
THE GREAT TRASH BASH by Loreen Leedy
ANIMAL HOSPITAL by Judith Walker-Hodge
ANIMAL BABIES ON THE FARM by editors of Kingfisher
FALL HARVESTS: BRINGING IN FOOD by Martha E.H. Rustad and Amanda Enright
FOOD FROM FARMS (WORLD OF FARMING) by Nancy Dickmann
SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS YOU CAN EAT by Vicki Cobb and David Cain
DISGUSTING FOOD INVADERS (UP CLOSE AND GROSS) by Ruth Owen
50 AWESOME WAYS KIDS CAN HELP ANIMALS by Ingrid Newkirk
SOIL (TRUE BOOKS: NATURAL RESOURCES) by Christin Ditchfield
GRASS TO MILK by Julie Murray