Cashiers handle payments from customers buying goods and services.
• Greet customers
• Use scanners, cash registers, and calculators to ring up items.
• Accept cash from customers or help them use credit card, debit card, gift cards or coupons.
• Give change and receipts.
• Bag or wrap customers' purchases.
• Help customers sign up for membership program.
• Count money.
Where and When:
• They work in grocery stores, gasoline stations, eating places and other stores.
• Work hours vary. But they usually work nights, weekends, and holidays.
What or Who They Work With:
• Cash registers
• Card Scanners
• Food scale
Education and Training:
• A few days to a few months of training.
Related School Subjects:
ARTHUR TURNS GREEN by Marc Brown
CLOTHES IN MANY CULTURES (LIFE AROUND THE WORLD) by Heather Adamson
A FAMILY FOR OLD MILL FARM by Shutta Crum
WHAT'S IT LIKE, LIVING GREEN: KIDS TEACHING KIDS, BY THE WAY THEY LIVE by Jill Ammon Vanderwood
I WANT TO BE A FASHION DESIGNER by Stephanie Maze