Coaches help people learn how to play a sport. Some lead teams in competition. They may also select and store sport equipment.
• Teach people how to play a sport.
• Train athletes for games.
• Explain rules and safety.
• Select and manage sport equipment.
• Make schedules.
• Keep records and give advice.
Where and When:
• Coaches often work irregular work hours such as weekends, evenings, and holidays. They are very busy during the sports season.
• They may work indoors or outdoors.
• They often travel to sporting events.
What or Who They Work With:
• Sport equipment
Education and Training:
• Educational and training vary greatly by the level and type of sport.
• A professional coach need many years of experience.
Related School Subjects:
IF I RAN THE ZOO by Dr. Seuss
CHECK IT OUT! THE BOOK ABOUT LIBRARIES by Gail Gibbons
T IS FOR TEACHER: A SCHOOL ALPHABET by Stephen L. Layne and Deborah Dover Layne
I WANT TO BE A TEACHER by Dan Liebman
DR. BRAD HAS GONE MAD! (MY WEIRD SCHOOL DAZE #7) by Dan Gutman
VAMPIRES DON'T WEAR POLKA DOTS (THE ADVENTURES OF THE BAILEY SCHOOL KIDS) by Debbie Dadey and Marcia T. Jones
LEARNING GREEN: CAREERS IN EDUCATION by Suzy Gazlay